PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series?

RCRacer
January 29th, 2010, 1:22 PM
I would like to know if there is enough interest to organize a Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series for tracks in the Midwest, primarily Illinois and Indiana but I wouldn't rule out any other neighboring states..

I would say to make it worth the effort we would have to have at least 100 or more competitors across the whole area and at least 5 tracks having one race per month at one of the tracks and a final championship race at one track. I would also say to get a track to buy in you would have at least 50-60 racers at each event.

I am sure that sponsors can be found to provide prize products and or other support. Trophies can be easily acquired. A website can easily be put together. And in my opinion the only "payout" might be for the finals, say top 10 in each class.

As for rules, I figure the easiest thing to do is go by the DODC rules with possible considerations for each track.

I will check with the area's track operators if you the racers think it's something you would attend. There wouldn't be any series costs, no memberships fees or the like. I would only expect the entry fees at the tracks would be a bit higher for the series race then their normal program to offset the extra effort that would have to be put in to pull of a regional event.

Please sound off on the poll or send me a message.

Thanks!

Todd Johnson
R/C Racing Products

jenzorace
January 29th, 2010, 1:48 PM
We could use another series. The WCIS is only 4 races. If you start another one we could have about a dozen big races in the midwest. Lets hope mother nature is nice to us this year. Which tracks do you have in mind? I just remebered big bills has a series race at his track each month.

DQbeck63
January 29th, 2010, 1:57 PM
I am interested...I know we have a few local tracks around here that would be interested. Redline RC in marion, IL, Maryville IL, Allens in springfield IL, Big Bills, Rector raceway in Albion IL, Smac (if they have an oval this year) IM sure you could get the tracks interested. Sounds like a great Idea

What classes would we be talking about:

Sprints
13.5 Latemodels
MDM (midwest dirt modifieds)

Other classes?

AscotConversion
January 29th, 2010, 5:54 PM
Jtec has an oval, CRC in Wisconsin, which was a great track but is now improved with new clay, Dynotech's track in Indiana, Ft Wayne did have Summit, which I assume will be running again next summer. Lots of options. Might even get Leisure Hours to run their huge indoor dirt oval as they have this winter, since the offroad action will be outdoor in the summer.

You'll aways get a ton of 1/8 LM cars. Mod 1/10 LM cars on buggy tires would be awesome too.

I'd also avoid any thing but DODC rules, especially on sprint wings. It's just nice not to have to hassle with that stuff when you can go to the hobby shop and just buy a legal wing.

soccerstud5
January 29th, 2010, 7:26 PM
I think this would be pretty cool im interested.

BigT
January 29th, 2010, 9:30 PM
I would be interested... like a few others what tracks do you have in mind?

Denez
January 30th, 2010, 8:37 AM
There isn't alot of tracks that support the 1/8 scale lm in the il area. It would be interesting to see which tracks would support the idea.

RCRacer
January 31st, 2010, 2:10 PM
Racers, I am trying to pull together a list of all the available tracks.

If there is a track not on the list below that you know of please provide me with information, Name, Location, Owner and Owner Contact information.

What I will do if we get enough interest is forward the information about the series to the track owners and see what we can come up with for a schedule.

With everyone under the same money crunch I figure if we are lucky we can get 5 races and then a final put together it might be good. I don't want to go too far if it doesn't pan out.

If it works and we keep the interest we could expand next year.

Of course the tracks listed here on DODC..

Plus the ones you guys have mentioned..

Allen's
Rector's
JTec
Leisure Hours
Redline
SMAC
Summit
Dynotech's

If you have any info for a track that runs DO I would like to have it. Please either PM email me rcrproducts@aol.com and I will put them on th elist. I figure by mid February I will be contacting the different track owners and see if they are open to holding an event. If I get the tracks I will go after the sponsors.

Honestly guys I don't want a half witted attempt at a real series with real fun, real prizes, real trophies etc. If you know me you know my attention to detail and if I can't pull this off professionally then I won't attempt it.

Let me know of interest and tracks.

Thanks

Todd Johnson
R/C Racing Products

RCRacer
January 31st, 2010, 2:26 PM
As far as I am concerned I would expect that like other events 5 cars makes a class with prospective classes being:

Confirmed classes:

1/10th 2wd Nitro / Electric

Wing Sprint
Non-Wing Sprint
EDM
Latemodel

1/8th 4wd Nitro / Electric ???

Latemodel

Possible classes:

Which will depend on the interest and information from track owners as to past turn out and such. This will dictate the utilization of these classes. If a class is not supported by a particular track it will have to be voted on by all track owners or it will not be ran as part of the series. I will not have a class at only a few events, either all or none. If a Track supports a class that is not part of the series it could possibly be ran as just a local race during the series event as long as the program will not suffer from delays, lengthening, etc.

Coupe
Truck
Sliders

1/10th 4wd Nitro / Electric

Nascar / Sedan / Latemodel

RCRacer
January 31st, 2010, 2:55 PM
I would hope that a series race would have 3 rounds of qualifying proceeding mains with two car bump.

I would like to only have series classes racing during the event but if a track can run a local classes during a series race and not drag the event on too long then ok. We will see about this. I don't want to cut someone out but we will see.

Professionalism and good sportsmanship and well mannered racing is all that will be allowed. Any actions by anyone deemed unsportsman like will result in imediate and permenant exsclusion from the race and the series.

Points will be such that one bad race will not neccesarily put you out of the championship run.

If a bump car is not able to start the main the next finisher in order is ready they will start in their place. All classes will have time to ready a car that is being bumped up, no back to back mains if it can be helped and if it can't time will be allowed.

Possible Points that will be awarded:

TQ - 5

A-Main

1 - 200
2 - 195
3 - 190
4 - 185
5 - 180
6 - 175
7 - 170
8 - 165
9 - 160
10 - 155

B - Main

1 - 0 bumped to A
2 - 0 bumped to A
3 - 140
4 - 135
5 - 130
6 - 125
7 - 120
8 - 115
9 - 110
10 - 105

Any suggestions would be taken into consideration, I am just stating my opinion for now.

jenzorace
February 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM
We dont race wingless sprints anywhere. Unless its too windy!:D

RCRacer
February 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
List of tracks I have so far. Thanks to those who have provided info. If you know a track does not run Dirt Oval or isn't going to this outdoor season please let me know.

Illinois

Monee R/C Raceway
Monee, Illinois

Jacksonville R/C Raceway
Jacksonville, Illinois

Maryville RC Raceway
Maryville, Illinois

Roberts RC Raceway
Ripley, Illinois

Big Bill's Rc Raceway
Broadwell, Illinois

Quad Cities Radio Raceway
Silvis, Illinois

Allen's R/C Cars
Rochester, Illinois

Jtec
Tilton, Illinois

Leisure Hours
Joliet, Illinois

Indiana

Thunderstruck Raceway
Lafayette, Indiana

Fairplay Track & Hobby
Wabash, Indiana

The TRACK
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Summit Raceway
Ft. Wayne, IN

North Webster Dirt Oval
North Webster, Indiana

P & T Hobbies and Raceway
Mitchell, Indiana

Iowa

Brinks Speedway
Waukon, Iowa

Extreme RC
Evansdale, Iowa

New Adventure Hobby Shop & RC Racing
Indianola, Iowa

Michigan

Dukes Proscale R/C Raceplex
Fruitport, MI

Wisconsin

CRC Hobbies & Raceway
Fredonia, Wisconsin

Hobbytown USA
Oshkosh, Wisconsin

The Shorthalf Raceway
Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Thunder Speedway
Lomira, Wisconsin

RCRacer
February 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
Guys Wingless is a drivers class. If you can drive without the wing on a sprint your a driver.. lol JK :checkeredflag:

Seriously the class is a challenge class, if no one signs up for it then we won't run it.

RCRacer
February 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Here is a list of Classes that racers and tracks have shown interest in.

Wing Sprint
EDM
Latemodel

1/10th 4wd Nitro / Electric
Nascar / Sedan / Latemodel

1/8th 4wd Nitro / Electric ???
Latemodel

Possible classes:

Non-Wing Sprint
Coupe
Truck

Sliders

The possible classes will depend on the interest. If a class is not supported by a particular track it will have to be voted on by all track owners or it will not be ran as part of the series. I don't want to run a class at only a few events, either all or none.

If a track supports a class that is not part of the series it could possibly be ran as just a local race during the series event as long as the program will not suffer from delays, lengthening, etc. Could be used as a time filler between bump ups and or heat rounds.

Keep the info coming racers, the faster I can get the info and get on this the faster I can go to the track owners and check their interest..

dbdrottz
February 1st, 2010, 12:14 PM
For the iowa tracks, new adventures in indianola is no longer there. There is one track you can add, leighton raceway in leighton, ia. Real nice facility and super nice people that run it.

A&J RACING
February 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Jacksonville illinois is no longer open

RCRacer
February 1st, 2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks dbdrottz, I will look for info on the new track.

Thanks A&J Racing, i had heard rumors of that but with being out of th eloop for the past couple of years I am playing catch up.

Sad to hear when any track shuts down.

WEG'S
February 1st, 2010, 3:56 PM
TODD WHO:D:beer:

MIKE

RCRacer
February 1st, 2010, 4:29 PM
Yes Mike it's me.. I am back and workin on makin racin a better place. I see your still here..lol Glad to hear from ya..

henchmen
February 1st, 2010, 6:00 PM
For the iowa tracks, new adventures in indianola is no longer there. There is one track you can add, leighton raceway in leighton, ia. Real nice facility and super nice people that run it.

Any phone number or web site to get in contact with leighton raceway

RCRacer
February 1st, 2010, 6:16 PM
Info I found:

Leighton Raceway

411 Otley St
Leighton, IA 50143
Ed Bogaard
Phone: 641-780-9915
Email: fast6t8@gmail.com

JasonAB25
February 1st, 2010, 9:17 PM
There is a new track that opened last fall in Dubuque, IA. they have a thread over on hobbytalk. I believe there is a track in Monroe, WI and another may have popped up last year in Rockford, IL as well. Don't quote me on those last two, but maybe someone else can fill in if these tracks are around.

AscotConversion
February 2nd, 2010, 4:57 PM
Rockford is off road only

RCRacer
February 2nd, 2010, 6:24 PM
Rockford Illinois? I don't think I knew about a track in Rockford. Thanks for the info though.

So far I have about 24 "midwest" tracks and am still wanting to get a complete list of all available tracks in Illinois, Indiana, Michgan, Wisconsin, Iowa and other surrounding states.

Let me know, I am getting pretty good responce to this series idea so I will probbably start sending out info packets to tracks and see what their buy in is..

Race on..

Todd Johnson
R/C Racing Products
R/C Racing Promotions

RCRacer
February 3rd, 2010, 4:34 PM
It looks like the classes will get whittled down for the series and each track might choose to run a class or two for their local racers who might not have cars that fit the classes in the series.

Reason to limit the classes for the series is this is the first year and I want to stay with the most prevalent dirt oval classes raced all over and keep the programs short, no 2 AM A-Mains...

As it is now I think the following classes at the top of the heap with others still being considered.

1/10th 2WD Electric
Limited Latemodel - non-pro level racers please..
Open (Mod) Sprint
Open (Mod) EDM

1/10th Nitro Open Sprint

Classes still being considered..

1/10th 2WD Electric
Limited Sprint
Limited EDM

1/10th Open Nitro EDM
1/10th Open Nitro Latemodel
1/10th 4WD Latemodel
1/8th 4WD Latemodel

Let me know what you guys think..

A&J RACING
February 3rd, 2010, 7:20 PM
It is not Midwest dirt oval without the 1/8 scales is it ???

QBR Racing
February 3rd, 2010, 7:37 PM
Thunderstruck in Indiana is no longer a dirtoval track

RCRacer
February 3rd, 2010, 8:40 PM
Thanks for the notice about Thunderstruck.

As for 1/8th scales, I am not saying they won't be a part of the series but if the tracks that are chossen for the series don't run them then they won't be a part of the series. The other classes are pretty much a main stay of most tracks. I can't make a track run a class just cause I want to see them run.

I will tell ya that if they do run the series I can more then guess that there will be a mandated spec tire for the class.

ZZZJGHD
February 3rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
Try red line in marion il. 618 -997-9755 they have plans to open there ovaland may be making it larger.

backmarker
February 4th, 2010, 4:50 PM
You may want to reconsider your stance on running 1/8th scale latemodels. I only say this because in Illinois 1/10th scale gas racing is just about dead. At Leisure hours where they have gas and electric on the same race day you still have more 1/8th scale cars show up than all other classes combined. For another example you can look at the Monee big O race, they had a large turn out but not many of the usual locals.

RCRacer
February 4th, 2010, 6:08 PM
The stance I personally have regarding 1/8th scale latemodels is irrelative.

Ultimately it will be a decision made with the track owners input. The tracks selected to run the races for the series will have say in what they run on thier tracks. If the tracks want to run them then so be it. If they don't agree on them then they are out, same for any class.

Maybe the MDOR series is aimed at bringing more 1/10th scale cars out to the tracks.

jensen44
February 4th, 2010, 7:41 PM
JCP in central Indiana will be racing oval outdoors this year. I know the promoters would be more than interested in having a date. Pm me and I can get you the contact info for the promoters.

Jensen

tyler
February 4th, 2010, 8:30 PM
The stance I personally have regarding 1/8th scale latemodels is irrelative.

Ultimately it will be a decision made with the track owners input. The tracks selected to run the races for the series will have say in what they run on thier tracks. If the tracks want to run them then so be it. If they don't agree on them then they are out, same for any class.

Maybe the MDOR series is aimed at bringing more 1/10th scale cars out to the tracks.

does this thinking go with tires also foam,rubber,tiller? just wanting to know because some tracks are foam tracks some are rubber tire and most of the outdoor tracks are tiller

AscotConversion
February 4th, 2010, 10:10 PM
What's tiller?:confused::D

RCRacer
February 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I assume by "tiller" you mean a loose dirt track?

To clarify the 1/8th scale latemodel issue.

I have not ruled out any class. I need to talk to the track owners and see what is popular and where. I have to find 4 or 5 classes that can be supported by each track.

Obviously with some tracks are outdoor loose dirt where as some being indoor packed clay there will be different tires allowed and some won't be allowed at cartain tracks.

As far as a spec tire I am talking about a tire that all tracks will allow. If a track does not run foam tires because they wouldn't work, such as a loose dirt track then you can't run them. Obviously the series won't push you to run a tire that won't work. I would also expect most foam tracks won't allow the more aggressive rubber tires because they will eat the track.

It was brought to my attention that the tire ran at the Chili Bowl might be a tire that all tracks would allow. If you haven't seen the tire here is a pic. This is a pre mounted tire that actually looks like a latemodel tire.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/LOS/250/LOSA17757-250.jpg

On a side note, I have looked all over the DODC rules and I don't see a class for latemodels. This means I have to work with all of the tracks running them and come up with a common set of rules that will be allowed at all tracks. This will take more time and I am trying to keep things moving so we can get the series rollin this year.

RCRacer
February 6th, 2010, 3:31 PM
If I keep getting tracks wanting to host a race I may look at running more than one race per month having a race in each state each month or there abouts

That way local racers could stay more local for their qualifiers or travel if they wanted to and then the championship race would be the only race they have to travel too.

I would like the Championship to be a weekend event. Only running MDOR Classes and have Firday be practice, Saturday be Qualifiers and Sunday be for the Mains. I would like the weekend to be completed early enough so that a person can be home early enough to not effect any work on Monday.

Please let me know what you think..

AscotConversion
February 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM
If I keep getting tracks wanting to host a race I may look at running more than one race per month having a race in each state each month or there abouts

That way local racers could stay more local for their qualifiers or travel if they wanted to and then the championship race would be the only race they have to travel too.

I would like the Championship to be a weekend event. Only running MDOR Classes and have Firday be practice, Saturday be Qualifiers and Sunday be for the Mains. I would like the weekend to be completed early enough so that a person can be home early enough to not effect any work on Monday.

Please let me know what you think..

If you can break it down where the races closest to each other are not on the same weekend (like Monee and CRC), let everyone race X number of races to qualify for the finals. That way people could go to the races best suited for them, and take the top 50 in each class or whatever. If you made it where you took the best 3 finishes for example, a guy could hit the 3 or 4 closest races, and still be able to finish well enough to make the finals. Your idea could be a really competitive way to do it. :thumbsup:

RCRacer
February 6th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Here is an updated list of the tracks I have information on, If they are in Bold I need more info, like a mailing address, web address, email, phone, etc.

If anyone knows of a track that is not on the list please let me know. If a track is on the list and you know it is shut down let me know as well.

The sooner I can get the list complete I can get the process rolling to get the series setup and running..

Cambridge RC Speedway
16588 NE 42nd St.
Cambridge, IA

Dubuque Iowa Race Track
14569 Old Highway Road
Dubuque, IA

Lieghton Raceway
411 Otley St
Leighton, IA

Brinks Speedway
227 Hwy 9
Waukon, IA

Big Bill's Rc Raceway
109 west oak
Broadwell, IL

Leisure Hours
2800 Schweitzer Road
Joliet, IL

Redline R/C Raceway
3000 W. Deyoung St
Marion, IL

Maryville RC Raceway
19 Schiber Ct.
Maryville, IL

Monee R/C Raceway
26049 South Ridgeland Avenue
Monee, IL

Newberry's Hobby
17144 U.S. Hwy 150
Orion, IL

Roberts RC Raceway

Ripley, IL

Allen's R/C Cars
8801 Buckhart Road
Rochester, IL

J-Tec Racing & Fun
1 J-Tec Drive
Tilton, IL

Rectors RC Raceway

Albion, IL

Summit Raceway
1421 Goshen Ave.
Fort Wayne, IN

Stateline R/C
7962 N. Silver Rd
Fremont, IN

Hoosier Hobbies Raceway
Junction of Hwy 54 & 59
Linton, IN

P & T Hobbies and Raceway
4718 State Road 60 E.
Mitchell, IN

JCP R/C Raceway
836 East Drybread Lane
Ninevh, IN

North Webster Dirt Oval

North Webster, IN

Fairplay Track & Hobby
92 East Market Street
Wabash, IN

Dukes Proscale R/C Raceplex
4405 E. Sternberg Rd
Fruitport, MI

Battle Front Gaming and R/C
2605 Sanford Ave SW
Grandville, MI

The Shorthalf Raceway
5900 Hwy 93
Eau Claire, WI

CRC Hobbies & Raceway
W3982 Hwy H
Fredonia, WI

Victory R/C Hobbies & Speedway
705 Military Ave
Green Bay, WI

Thunder Speedway
5W1631 Cty. HD. H
Lomira, WI

Hobbytown USA
2075 South Koeller Road
Oshkosh, WI

RCRacer
February 6th, 2010, 11:59 PM
If you can break it down where the races closest to each other are not on the same weekend (like Monee and CRC), let everyone race X number of races to qualify for the finals. That way people could go to the races best suited for them, and take the top 50 in each class or whatever. If you made it where you took the best 3 finishes for example, a guy could hit the 3 or 4 closest races, and still be able to finish well enough to make the finals. Your idea could be a really competitive way to do it. :thumbsup:
Here is what I am thinking. Some may not agree but then I am always open to suggestions.

First, it will only take attending one regional race to qualify for the Championship but the more events you go to the better your chance at getting a better starting grid position for the Championship.

If you register with the series and then register for an event but for some reason can't make it to the event as long as the entry fee is paid to the event then the race will count. This is incase of unforeseen issues, cant make it, car broke down, had to work, whatever you will at least be qualified for the championship.. It will just cost you.. Basically you will buy your way in. Keeps the tracks behind the series and the championship will be well funded.

I won't make any regional events that are close to each other, close date wise. That is as long as the tracks go for it. But then if they can't work with me for a race I can't do anything about that.

As for points, unlike other setups I want to award points for starting positions after qualifying (heats) for the regional events.

At the regional events the first qualifying heat starting position will be luck of the draw with a lap and time reshuffle for qualifiers after that.

Say after the heats your lap and time qualify you fourth in the B. You would earn 435 points for your starting position. Then lets say you finish 2nd and qualify for a bump to the A (top two bump). A bump starting position does not get you any points. Say you run the A and finish 5th. That will earn you 480 Points. Your total for the event will then be 915 points. Top qualify and win the A would be 1000 points.

The points for the local events will add up as follows. If you attend 3 events and say you score 915, 845 and 860 for the three events you went to then the average of those three scores would be 873. Everyone’s average score will determine the starting grid for the championship heats. I thought about making it your top finish but then if you get lucky and no one shows up at a regional race you might skate in and I want it realistic. After the heats your lap count and time will setup for the mains. I like the idea of a dash so I might consider a dash for the top 6 which will set their starting order in the A. And yes a true dash for cash.. BUT... your dash car must be your A-Main car period..

This method of points takes out the TQ as being the only extra points for a race. And if a guy qualifies well and then gets knocked out of his main he will average a higher point score. This rewards for good qualifying and not just the finish...

Now I am sure someone will pop off about this well go ahead. I am trying to make this different for a reason..

jenzorace
February 8th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Silvis closed last year. I heard rumor he is rebuilding. Newberrys races oval in the summer. He had 5 guys racing there. Probably wont do it again, he told me.

jenzorace
February 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM

Eugene Ryder was winning the chili bowl till one of these premounts blew off the rim.

RCRacer
February 8th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the trackinfo Jenzo. As for the blow out, I hadn't heard about that and like I stated if the tracks want the class they will have to agree on the tires allowed.

jenzorace
February 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I think there are 3 legal tires 2 are losis and the other is ofna. If we race 13.5 latemodel, we should go by do.com rules.

RCRacer
February 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the tire info Jenzo, if you have part numbers or could recommend a link to the rules your talking about regarding the 1/8th scale LM's please pass them along.

Since DODC doesn't have the 1/8th scale LM rules I will have to take a poll of the tracks who are chosen for the series and see whats what.

All other classes will run DODC rules if they exist, if not a comprehensize set of trules will be put together and all the tracks wil have to agree.

henchmen
February 8th, 2010, 5:59 PM
http://www.teashobbyshop.com/

RCRacer
February 9th, 2010, 5:18 PM
Thanks Henchmen, I looked at the track, it looks awesome but it doesn't look like it allows nitro. I want Nitro Sprints in the series. I will keep the track on my list incase I do an electric only series next winter..

UltraLine Motorsports
February 9th, 2010, 6:34 PM
Are you looking to do just a winter thing? (indoors?) If not Teas runs NITRO outdoors on both the Oval and Offroad...

Thanks Henchmen, I looked at the track, it looks awesome but it doesn't look like it allows nitro. I want Nitro Sprints in the series. I will keep the track on my list incase I do an electric only series next winter..

jenzorace
February 10th, 2010, 1:05 AM
Are you looking to do just a winter thing? (indoors?) If not Teas runs NITRO outdoors on both the Oval and Offroad...
They have a nice outdoor track.

jenzorace
February 11th, 2010, 1:09 PM
You make this work and il be behind you 100%:D

RCRacer
February 12th, 2010, 7:30 PM
Guys I am just trying to make something to happen here in the Midwest. A coming together of racers sort of deal. I would like to have an outdoor and indoor series where obviously the indoor is ran in the colder weather.

I have mailers ready to go out to the tracks I have mentioned. I have a website started where I will be putting info.

http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html

If you spread the word to your local tracks, Have them get in touch with me (217) 304-6555 (leave a message with contact information or email me (rcrproducts@aol.com) at rcrproducts@aol.com if they haven't recieved a info packet or email from me.

I want to nail down what tracks will run and when by the end of the month. I already have some supporters, I have a deal working for prizes, trophies, awards, etc and let me tell ya these series trophies are awesome and as far as I have ever seen no one has ever handed these trophies out before..

Thanks for all who have suggested things, tracks, etc. you racers is why I am doing this..

Todd Johnson
R/C Racing Products
R/C Racing Promotions
www.rcrproducts.com (http://www.rcrproducts.com)

RCRacer
February 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
OK racers please pass the word to your local tracks and have your local track check the MDOR site (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html)to see if they are on the list (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdortracks.html) for consideration if they want to be.

I will attempt to contact the tracks one more time by email, mail and phone calls.

Once I get a list of possibles I will sit down and work out the schedule, rules package for any class other than the DODC classes , i.e. 1/8th scales if the tracks want them and then I will update everyone and open up registration..

Deadline for track consideration will be March 5th.

Todd Johnson
RCRP

jensen44
March 9th, 2010, 6:56 PM
Any update on this series? Looking to finalize some dates.

Jensen

jenzorace
March 9th, 2010, 7:22 PM
Looks like the yes votes have it!:D

RCRacer
March 10th, 2010, 4:21 PM
Hey guys I am trying to get a list together and get with the tracks and see who wants a race. It seems that some of the tracks aren't replying to my emails so I will have to get on the phone and call around.

If I can't get the stuff setup by the end of this month I am doubting there will be time to get a race together for May.

Keep checking http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html for updates..

TMM R/C MOTORSPORTS
March 10th, 2010, 5:38 PM
Is this the Todd Johnson that use to run at Monee alot. If so, Where the Hell you been?

RCRacer
March 10th, 2010, 5:55 PM
Yup, it's me, the one and only.. Long story I can bring ya up to speed when I see ya or get ahold of me..

Todd Johnson
R/C Racing Products
3308 N. 10th St
Terre Haute, IN 47804
(217) 304-6555
rcrproducts@aol.com

RCRacer
March 10th, 2010, 8:47 PM
OK Racers, I have confirmations from two tracks and tentative dates for August and September. Look for the schedule to be completed by next Friday.

Hopefully the entry form will be available for download by the 22nd. Registration will do two things for you, lock you in to a class incase we have to limit entries in a particular class and give you the chance to preorder a series T-shirt at a discount if you choose to buy one. Pictures of the t-shirt will be up as soon as the artist is done with the rendering.

Class Rules for 1/10th scale will be DODC rules and include:

Limited Sprint
Open Sprint
Limited Latemodel
Open EDM
Nitro Sprint
Nitro EDM

and for those who wondered... 1/8th Scale Latemodels following DLMRA rules..

Each track will have the opourtunity to add one class of their choosing. The additional class won't be running for MDOR Series Points but will be ran to not exclude local racers..

It will take 8 cars to make a MDOR class, if there aren't 8 the class will not be ran for points.

Look for more info soon on the MDOR Site (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html)...

Todd Johnson
R/C Racing Products
3308 N. 10th St
Terre Haute, IN 47804
(217) 304-6555
www.rcrproducts.com (http://www.rcrproducts.com/)
rcrproducts@aol.com (rcrproducts@aol.com)

Mr.Wolfman
March 11th, 2010, 7:01 PM
Rock on buddy,,,,nice work

RCRacer
March 18th, 2010, 3:15 PM
OK racers, it's on. I have almost all of the scheduling done. I am waiting on word from two tracks which will fill the bill.

Rules as stated will be basic DODC and DLMRA rules. Open classes as stated in the rules. Limited classes are all that is yet to be completely finalized. I can tell you now that I am not going to bother worrying about the "approved" Lipo batteries and such like the DODC rules states. I will put the final word up on the site as soon as I can get a consensus from the tracks as to what limits we want on the limited class. I am less concerned about it being a cheap class then I am about it being a fair class and making guys buy specific batteries, motors, ESC;s etc just isn't what I am about.

CHECK THE MDOR SERIES SITE FOR THE UPDATES!!! (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html)

Look for registration to open up next week...

Thanks to everyone who is working on this effort..

Todd Johnson
RCRP
rcrproducts@aol.com

spdrcer1
March 18th, 2010, 4:35 PM
this looks like its going to be an awesome series! looks well thought out and planned and put together..kudos to you todd..cant wait to race

RCRacer
March 19th, 2010, 3:56 PM
Thanks spd for the kudos, I am just trying to spread some enthusiasm around and offer racers a fun time.

I have updated the schedule, check the site, our July race is the 17th and is being held at Duke's Proscale R/C Raceplex in Fruitport, MI.

I am still working on the exact date and location for the championship and will announce that info as soon as I get a confirmation from the track.

As a side note, every Racer who enters an event will take home something, no one will go home empty handed.

I have more sponsors who are supporting the series, check the MDOR Site for that info. Once I get a complete listing of all the sponsors I will put the list up here and I would ask you to support them by buying their products even if you aren't entering the series.

Thanks to all, can't wait for the first buzzer...

Todd
RCRP
www.rcrproducts.com

RCRacer
March 19th, 2010, 11:29 PM
OK racers, go to the MDOR Site (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html)and get registered for the series..

We have all 5 qualifiers scheduled.

I am working out details on the Championship race..

The rules packages have been tweeked and are up on the site, and available for download at the bottom of the MDOR Rules page (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdorrules.html). I am sure someone will have an issue with something but then that is to be expected, email me (rcrproducts@aol.com)and we can discuss any concerns..

Please pass the word to all of your other racer friends, it's going to take at least 8 entries in a class for it to run at the qualifiers..

Race on..

Todd Johnson
RCRP
3308 N. 10th Street
Terre Haute, IN 47804
(217) 304-6555
rcrproducts@aol.com

RCRacer
March 20th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I am hoping I can get this thread moved to it's own Series Catagory and I get all the info going on here.

That is if someone from DODC can get back to me about it..

Still waiting..

RCRacer
March 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Check out www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) for all of the series information. The series will not have it's own thread here on dodc.

Please checkout the site and get registered!!!

mdibb
March 31st, 2010, 2:07 PM
less than 2 months away!! the racing series and CRC Raceway all getting started on one big day!! don't miss it. I can't wait to see Jenzo and Eugene up in WI.

RCRacer
April 7th, 2010, 9:07 PM
Ok racers, I was asked an interesting question and to clarify:

The MDOR Series Entry Fee which is $10 per car unless discounted by a coupon, read the MDOR News (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdornews.html) for that info is paid one time only to register in the series. Each event will charge an entry fee when you register at that event.

If you decide to not enter the series by April 23rd and then later decide you do want to attend MDOR races and accumulate points then you can get in contact with me about the Series Entry Fee but you will not be able to use any coupons.

Any other questions feel free to PM or email me..

Todd Johnson
rcrproducts@aol.com

RCRacer
April 16th, 2010, 7:56 PM
Hurry up and register for the series...

The new automated online form makes it easy..

MDOR Series Registration (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdorregistration.html)

Check out the information about getting a discount on your entry fee and first series t-shirt on the MDOR News (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdornews.html)!

I think the home for the champsionship race has been selected..

See everyone at the races..

spdrcer1
April 16th, 2010, 8:07 PM
Hurry up and register for the series...

The new automated online form makes it easy..

MDOR Series Registration (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdorregistration.html)

Check out the information about getting a discount on your entry fee and first series t-shirt on the MDOR News (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdornews.html)!

I think the home for the champsionship race has been selected..

See everyone at the races..come on todd... you cant say that and not tell us where! thats not right..ha ha ha

RCRacer
April 16th, 2010, 8:10 PM
Sorry but until all the "t's" are crossed and "i's" are dotted I don't want to jinx it..

It came down to two venues and I think due to a scheduling issue the Inaugural Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series Championship race will be at....

I will let everyone know as soon as it's official..

Mr.Wolfman
April 16th, 2010, 10:55 PM
OK who is running what at CRC just over a month away.

spdrcer1
April 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
OK who is running what at CRC just over a month away.
josh kramer..mod sprint

RCRacer
April 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
Racers, if you plan on competing for points in the series I suggest you get registered! I wanted to have everyone registered by Friday April 23rd, that's this Friday. The discounts on registration fees and T-shirts will expire Friday night at midnight!

Go to http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html to get registered. Even if your not sure if you are going to actually make it to the championship or not you should register if you want a shot at a championship. By the way the Championship hardware is seriously cool!

May 22nd at CRC Hobbies in Fredonia, WI is the first race! Register now!

RCRacer
April 24th, 2010, 1:28 AM
OK guys the Pre-registration discounts offered by our sponsors have expired.

Registration is still open!!!

Go to http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdorregistration.html and get signed up.

The pre-ordered T-shirts will continue until May 10th.

The refer a friend and get both of you entered in the Early Bird Drawing will continue until May 10th.

Hurry and register and tell your friends!!

RCRacer
April 25th, 2010, 9:56 PM
The MDOR Series News (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdornews.html)has announced that Leisure Hours Raceway will be host to the
MDOR Series Championship race on October 1st & 2nd, 2010.

Get registered at MDOR Series Registration (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdorregistration.html)if you want in on the hunt for the inaugural MDOR Points Championship. Trust me the Champsionship Hardware is awesome.. A neek peek will be leaked out just prior to the May race at CRC.

Thanks to all the sponsors for all of their assistance!

Bell, BMS Racing, McAllister Racing, Tekin, Pro-line, Precision Racing Systems, Serpent America, RCRP, Iowa RC Tracks.com, Fast Track Online and a few other sponsors.

Mr.Wolfman
April 27th, 2010, 8:11 PM
better be signing up folks.

RCRacer
May 4th, 2010, 4:28 PM
OK racers it is getting close. The opening race of the MDOR series is only a couple of weeks away.

All the schedule, class info and rules are covered on MDOR Page (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html).

spdrcer1
May 4th, 2010, 7:53 PM
leisure hours for championship?!?!?!?!? are you kidding???? that is so awesome!!!! top notch facility and people!!!!

dirtsurfer5
May 4th, 2010, 9:34 PM
um, ya...... I have video on my phone of Corns and his heat at the Midwest Dirt Oval Championship, I just need to figure out how to upload it.

dirtsurfer5
May 5th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Say, is the finals date set in stone? Lucas Oil Late Model Nationals in Knoxville, IA is that weekend....

panelbeater
May 5th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Say, is the finals date set in stone? Lucas Oil Late Model Nationals in Knoxville, IA is that weekend....
It will rain all weekend and you can get back in time for the Sun nite version Matt

RCRacer
May 18th, 2010, 2:40 PM
Racers check out www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) for new updates in the news section..

The series kicks off this weekend at CRC Hobbies in Fredonia, WI make the trip and enjoy "The Best Racing" brought to you by R/C Racing Promotions!

RCRacer
May 27th, 2010, 4:38 PM
RCRP would like to thank all 77 Races who raced 91 cars at the first MDOR Series (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) Race held at CRC Hobbies & Raceway in Fredonia, WI. The weekend was a blast.

Check the MDOR Series (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) site for updates and information on Race #2 held at the DFRCR / DIRT in Dubuque, IA on June 12th.

Thanks again to the racers, sponsors, and everyone at CRC Hobbies & Raceway for an awesome show.

See you at the DIRT in a few weeks.

Todd Johnson
RCRP

RCRacer
June 4th, 2010, 2:16 PM
OK racers, the schedule is up on the www.dfrcr.com (http://www.dfrcr.com/) site but here is what I have, it looks like their normal race on Thursday night.

Friday June 11th
Gates open @ 4PM
Practice Sign Up @ 5PM
There will be a $5 per car practice fee.
Practice from 6PM - 10PM???
10 to 15 minutes per class
possible challenge races, get some guys together and see whos fast

Saturday 12
MDOR RACE JUNE 12
3 Qualifiers and Mains
Gates @ 1 PM
Track Open & Registration Open @ 3PM
Race @ 5PM

Any questions let us all know..

Classes for the race will be:

Limited Sprint
Limited Late Model
Open Sprint
Open EDM (If anyone still runs them)
Open Nitro Sprint
Open Nitro EDM (again if anyone still runs them)
1/8th Open Late Model
Possible other local classes as well, check with the DFRCR site..

See you at the track!

Todd
RCRP

Craig14
June 6th, 2010, 9:14 PM
Actually Todd, the racing will start at 6:00pm on saturday night.

Practice at 3:00pm until 5:30pm
Sign-in from 3:00pm until 5:30pm
Drivers meeting at 5:45pm
First round of qualifying at 6:00pm with electric classes first and then nitro classes.

Hope to see you all there at the DIRT (Dubuque Iowa Race Track)

Craig Schmal
DFRCR

RCRacer
June 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Soory for the mistake.

Practice at 3:00pm until 5:30pm
Sign-in from 3:00pm until 5:30pm
Drivers meeting at 5:45pm
First round of qualifying at 6:00pm with electric classes first and then nitro classes.

RCRacer
June 10th, 2010, 1:06 PM
If anyone is planning on attending one of the MDOR Events and run any sort of EDM we need to know ASAP.

Both the Open EDM and Open Nitro EDM classes are about to be dropped from the MDOR Series due to lack of interest.

Currently there are no Series Entries for either of the two EDM classes and in an effort to stream line things and not waste money purchasing awards for a dead class we need to know if anyone is planning on running the EDM Classes and if so at which event.

We would like to know by June 30th if there will be any racers signing up for any of the MDOR Events in either of the EDM classes.[

If there is no response we will consider the class dead and drop it from the format. Please pass the word to any who could possible be interested in the class.

fast6t8
June 10th, 2010, 8:16 PM
There will 3 of us coming from Leighton Raceway with nitro EDM to dubuque. How many do we need to run the class. I don't want to make the trip if your going to drop the class.

RCRacer
June 10th, 2010, 8:25 PM
As far as I am aware the general rule of thumb is that 3 cars makes a class, I have trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd so thats fine with me. If there is at least some interest I won't drop the class.

I wouldn't drop any class until everyone has had a chance to speak out, Thanks for letting me know that yu guys are coming...

What I had said is that up to now there have been no racers register with the series yet for any of the toerh races. If I don't get at least some interest there is no reason to loose money having trophies for a dead class.

It's funny, I walk away for a couple of years and the fast sprint car drivers, the ol' timers if you will, are all running 1/8th scales and the EDM buys converted the cars to Late Models..

I personally have had the most fun running an open nitro edm right against the cushion driving it harder in then any other car I have ever piloted and having a blast doing it.

Anyway guys, don't panic, I would never drop a class two days before a race, I was trying to see if after this event if they needed to stay, if there is interest, which I hope there is, I will gladly prepare to run the classes and watch the fun..

Race on, see you all in about 24!

RCRacer
June 17th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Many thanks to the racers, DFRCR / DIRT Crew and the sponsors for a great event.

All the updates and points can be found at www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) so be sure to stop by and check out the recap. Pictures coming soon!

The rain actually stopped just about the time we needed it to and held off all night. The track came in and was fast. The third round TQ run that was put down showed that the racers had figured out the track and that it actually got faster as the night went on.

As always, without you the racers these events would not happen. Would have like to seen a higher car count but with the weather it was understandable, we were blessed with great weather, great racing and some great racers came to battle it out.

Thanks again everyone for making the second MDOR Series race a fun time.

Hope to see you all and some more new faces at Duke's in Fruitport, MI next month..

Race on!!

RCRacer
July 7th, 2010, 3:21 PM
OK Racers, I need to know if anyone is still running EDM cars? Either electric or Nitro and do you plan on running at an MDOR Series event?3

As for the this months installment of the MDOR Series we will be at Duke's Raceplex in Fruitport, MI on July 17th.

A full schedule will be coming soon but it looks like....

Practice Friday night 5pm till 11:00pm.
Cookout Friday night starting at 7:00 or so.
Sat morn practice starting at 8am.

Racing probbably about 4-5 not exactly sure yet..

Check www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) for all the details.

RCRacer
July 22nd, 2010, 4:13 PM
They put up their Duke's!!!

Well wonderful weather, no bugs, awesome racers and a track as smooth as a baby's butt welcomed the MDOR Series to Duke's Proscale R/C Raceplex.

Friday nights practice was great, FREE Food from Duke made the racers fat and happy..

Saturday the tracks 8AM practice was taken advantage of by many of the local drivers. After setting up around 1PM we looked around and found no one from out of town. You other series racers missed an awesome track and some great racing. There ended up being 10 new MDOR Series Drivers competing for the points for this event and with 42 over all drivers and 58 over all cars the turn out was great.

Thanks to all who helped put on this event. Thanks to Duke, his family and staff. This track was very unique, it dusted up and developed a slight cushion that the Event Staff promptly swept up and scooped into a bucket to be added back to the track at another time. The track was wide and fast. The surface was soft but firm, the cars didn't seem to ever have traction issues.

Even though the track's wall could not handle any 1/8th Scale Late Models, the locals run some wicked fast 1/10th scale touring car based late models. Some 10.5 and nitro late models were sporting a huge 7" side dam and brought back memories of the OI' Dominator days with the wind they produced being the only noise you heard as the passed by.

Thanks to everyone who attended, raced and put this event on. Duke's place is a great fun track to race. After the last A-Main was completed at 1:30 AM the hard core racers kept running with challenge matches and practice until well into the early AM.

For those of you who thought about coming but did not, your loss, this track and the local racers are awesome..

[Thanks again everyone, Look forward to seeing you in the future..

Check out www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) for all of the infromation, points and such for the rest of the series..

racedaddy@live.com
July 22nd, 2010, 6:21 PM
dont count out redline rc marion IL talk to wes lawerence or tony lawerence 618 997-9755 hobby shop phone thaks

Mr.Wolfman
July 26th, 2010, 8:16 PM
How about some photo's / track layout for us out of towners. PLEASE

Wolfman

RCRacer
August 11th, 2010, 2:38 PM
Ok racers I am trying to get an update from JCP. I know that the park is south of Indy, I know they run rubber tires only, I know their local rules are on their web site, I will get back to everyone with more details soon!

RCRacer
August 16th, 2010, 3:00 PM
I apologize for the slow response getting information out about this track, I am not getting the information from the track, many calls, many emails and nothing substantial coming back..

What I have is.

The track is 120 x 80
Street Tracks work great, no foams
Their normal show is Sliders and 1/8th Scales Late Models
They have a hobby trailer at the track.
The directions to the park are:

Directions to Johnson County Park

From Indy:

Take I-65 South to Exit 90 (Franklin)
go west on SR 44 to US Hwy. 31
turn left onto 31. Go 5 miles to SR 252 West turn right. (Just before you turn you’ll see a HUGE rocking chair at Long’s Furniture World.)
Take SR 252 W two miles to County Road 325 E turn left.
You will see Johnson County Park/Hoosier Horse Park signs at the turn.
The park is located 2 miles south on that road, which becomes Schoolhouse Road.

From Louisville:
Take I-65 North to Exit 76-B (Edinburgh) you’ll see Edinburgh Outlet Mall.
Go to the third traffic light, counting the one at the mall turn left at the 3rd light.
You’ll turn onto Hospital Road, although there isn’t a sign at that location.
You will see Camp Atterbury, Johnson County Park and Hoosier Horse Park signs as you approach.
Go 3 miles to Schoolhouse Road turn right.
You are now in the park.

Intersections in the park on Schoolhouse Road have signage marking the facilities.

If all else fails call 812-526-6809.

Inside the park there should be signs to the track.

You can check out the local stuff at http://www.jcpark.org/

The MDOR Classes will follow MDOR Rules with the track specifying what is what on the applicable areas. Rubber tires.

Three Cars makes a class.

MDOR Classes for this event will be:

13.5 Limited Sprints
13.5 Limited Late Models
Open Sprints
Open Nitro Sprints
8th Scale Open Nitro Late Models

Unfortunately there has been zero interest in the EDM classes so they have been dropped.

I am unsure about the times for practice and the actual racing but I would venture a guess that there will be some sort of practice Friday Night and that the track would be open for practice after noon on Saturday with racing starting up around 5 PM.

I know that there are plenty of camping spots if your need an RV spot I suggest getting in touch with the park by calling (812) 526-6809

RCRacer
September 7th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Racers, get your cars ready for some great racing at J-Tec. The 5th and final installment in the Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series will be held September 18th at J-Tec.

I will get a final schedule up as soon as I can get the particulars. I would expect there to be some sort of practice on Firday night and early on Saturday with racing to start in the afternoon on Saturday.

As usual, Door prizes, awards and more will be presented to those who show up to compete.

If you need more information about the track go to http://www.jtecracing.com/.

For more information about the series, including a new top secret anouncement go to www.rcrproducts.com (http://www.rcrproducts.com/) and check out the MDOR Sereis Site!

Sorry I am unable to release the announcement on here I am bound by a no compete clause..

Todd
RCRP

RCRacer
September 7th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Since I am bound by a "no compete" issue all I can say on here is that if your interested to know more about the new class that has been started and made part of the Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series then you will have to go to the MDOR Series News (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdornews.html) to read about it.

Thank you for your support!

Todd
RCRP

Team GFRP
September 8th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Why does the car need to be a tank?:confused:

jenzorace
September 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
10 pound monster class?

RCRacer
September 8th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Racers if you would feedback actual information instead of complaints it might be helpful in resolving the rules issues. Some one weigh your car and let me know what it weighs with rubber tires and full of fuel race ready. Let me know what chassis it is and which body you run and its dimensions it is. This information might be useful in finalizing the rules.

From what I have the tech box will be 13.5 inches wide by 12 inches tall by 28 inches long to fit the different bodies.

Feed back real information and I can adjust to meet everyone's cars and those of you with light weight chassis cars might have to add some weight. I am looking at a 9.5 pound minimum weight. If you don't want to add weight to run this class then so be it.

I need any and all useful feedback asap.

Todd
RCRP

Team GFRP
September 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Well the DLMRA rules are an 8.5lb car I think that would be plenty. As for body sizes I have no idea.

Seems like these with a few mods would work just fine...http://www.ottsspeedshop.com/dlmra-2010rules.html

Stetler17
September 8th, 2010, 12:09 PM
8.5 pounds would not handicap anyones car. Even the heaviest of them are in that range.

I assume you are looking for a wedge bodied big HP class of 1/8? Not sure what you are after with this class.

RCRacer
September 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
This class is a "run what you brung" or better yet "put up and shut up" class where if it fits in the box, meets minimum weight and has four rubber tires and looks like it would run on a full scale track then it is legal. Basically it is for any of the 8th scale guys who don't want to run the more restricted 8th Scale Open Nitro Late Model class.

The point of the higher then most weight minimum is to level the playing field. So a racer with a big motor in a more or less stock chassis will be as competitive as a racer with an after market chassis that is lighter. And as I already stated I had someone I trust weigh their more or less stock chassis car with rubber tires and full of fuel race ready and it weighed 9.46 pounds.

With some of these engines making in excess of 3 HP I don't think it is going to slow anyone down, from what I have seen most of these cars are way over powered. More then most can get to hook up.

Like I had said, get ur car race ready and weight it, let me know your results. And also check the dimensions and let me know if the tech box will be ok.

Todd
RCRP

Team GFRP
September 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
If it's a put up or shut up class there should be no weight rules at all! Why try to even the field if it is a run what you brung class?:confused:

Stetler17
September 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Todd,

My stock chassis RC8 with no weight added and all stock parts comes in right at 8.5.

My "outlaw" car comes in around 8 with weight added.

I'll have to get some body measurements for you. As long as your length is good I think the height will allow plenty of creativity.

Mark

backmarker
September 8th, 2010, 1:27 PM
Todd, Is the Bazooka body legal? Also you might want to limit which rubber tires are allowed, maybe losi and ofna only.

RCRacer
September 8th, 2010, 1:57 PM
Thanks guys,

I will have to consider the minimum weight at 9 pounds.

Any body that looks like a dirt car and if someone can confirm the sizes for the tech box then we will be good.

As for the tires, I think limiting it to any rubber tire, no foams should be fine.

The point of this class is to simplify the rules and allow the current "Outlaw" cars a class to race in the MDOR Series..

Todd
RCRP

RCRacer
September 9th, 2010, 6:34 PM
Unless someone provides me with different measurements for a produced body I am going with the following rules:

1 - Must look like a real full scale dirt oval car.
2 - Must run rubber tires, no foams, no caps, no silicones..
3 - Must fit in Tech Box measuring 13.5 inches wide x 12 inches tall x 28 inches long unless it is a 1/8th scale sprint car, let me know if anyone will be running them.
4 - Must weigh at minimum 9 pounds after race.
5 - Any power plant or means of motivation deemed safe by the race director.

The plan is to take $5 from each entry fee and put it in the kitty for the winner(s) as we have not entirely decided how far the payout will be. It will depending on number of entires and general consensus from the racers entered in the class.

Bring out them big guns and pull the trigger!!!

Dustin, Mark and Chris are you guys coming to race?

Todd
RCRP

backmarker
September 10th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Todd, I will be at the Leisure Hours race but havent decided what 1/8th scale class to run yet. It will probably be the unlimited class just to be able to run against the big guns. :thumbsup:

if I get a second car together for the limited class front one-ways are illegal correct?

RCRacer
September 10th, 2010, 8:25 PM
Chris, come on down next weekend, it will be a blast..

RCRacer
September 14th, 2010, 4:58 PM
For those of you planning on attending the last MDOR Series race before the Championships it's this weekend, September 18th at J-Tec Racing & Fun in Tiliton Illinois. Check www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) or www.jtecracing.com (http://www.jtecracing.com/) for all the info.

With rain in the forecast later this week Friday nights practice is tentatively set for 5-8PM weather permitting, if the track is too wet there won't be any practice Friday night.

Saturday the track will be open and registration will start at 2PM with racing starting at 5PM.

If anyone has any other questions please email me at rcrproducts@aol.com (rcrproducts@aol.com) and I will get back to you.

Todd
RCRP

RCRacer
September 20th, 2010, 2:04 PM
For those of you who will be attending the Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series Chamionships at Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet, IL here is some updated information.

Also anyone is welcome to come and race but in order to compete for points and thus the championship you must have entered one of the 5 qaulifiers.

SCHEDULE UPDATE!!!!

Thursday, September 30th
Practice from 5 - 10PM
Practice fee $10

Friday, October 1st
Practice from 5 - 10PM
Practice fee $10

Saturday, October 2nd
The track will open up early at 8AM
Racing is estimated to start by Noon

ENTRY FEES
1st Class - $18
2nd Class - $12
3rd Class - $12

MDOR Series Members will be required to pay RCRP an additional $5 per car to qualify for MDOR Points and Awards!

MUST HAVE 4 PAID RACERS TO MAKE A CLASS!!

THREE ROUNDS OF QUALIFYING!!!

Mains should have bump ups!!

If time allows we may hold a 2 minute Dash for each A-Main!

The race will be double points for those who might not have been able to make it to more then one qualifier.

Sorry no one will be allowed to enter the series points race at this event. It wouldn't be fair if you did not race one of the other 5 qualifier races but we still want you to show up and race..

DIRECTIONS to the track!!

Please do not attempt to use on-line direction search engines, IE: (Map-Quest, Google Maps, etc.) They will direct into the river!!

Follow the directions listed below!!

From North or South or West:
I-55 to Arsenal Road (Exit 245)
Aresenal Road (Exit 245)(turn right) east to Millsdale Road
(just after the bridge) turn Left (North) on Millsdale(towards Stephen Chemical).
About a mile, then Millsdale does a little rght hand jog near Stephan chemical plant entrance, so hang a right,
then a little ways (about 1/4 mile) you have to turn left (first street on left) on Millsdale North, for about 1/2 mile.
Then it takes a sharp turn to the right hand About 1/4 mile to Vetter Road.(take left)
Vetter Road North to Scweitzer
Take a left on Schweitzer
Track Facility is on the left.

From the East:
I-80 to Joliet IL 53 South
2 Miles to Laraway Rd. (Turn Right)
2 Miles to Patterson (Turn Left)
1 Mile to Schweitzer Rd. (Turn Right)
2 Miles to Raceway
Follow the Challenge Park Signs

Any questions or concerns? Contact me at rcrproducts@aol.com or (217) 304-6555.

Todd
RCRP

backmarker
September 20th, 2010, 3:16 PM
So Todd whats the final deision on the 1/8th scale classes? How was the unlimited class turn out at JTEC?

RCRacer
September 20th, 2010, 3:51 PM
I am waiting on a call or email back from Leisure Hours about the "Outlaw" class.

I was told that Scott has already "banned" the Bazooka body which would make me think that it would be a "NO" to the "Outlaw" class as the rules are setup now.

Maybe we can put together some sort of a more unlimited class but I don't know it is up to the track.

I can't find any rules or class listings anywhere which would indicate what they have or will run at Leisure Hours, I only know that my classes and rules were ok'd.

I am looking for racers to run the standard MDOR Classes:

10th Scale Limited (13.5) Sprint
10th Scale Limited (13.5) Late Model
10th Scale Open Sprint
10th scale Open Nitro Sprint
8th Scale Open Nitro Late Model

There also seems to have been a disconnect or miscommunication about the MDOR 8th Scale Open Nitro Late Model class.

It is ok to run an offset chassy.

It is not ok to run a one way, torsen or smart diff.

Side dam is up to the track.

Tires are up to the track.

Motor limits are up to the track.

All of the rules are clearly spelled out at this link - MDOR Rules (http://www.dirtovalracing.com/dor_rules.html)

I will get any info I get out to the masses as fast as I can when I get the info..

AS for the Outlaws at J-Tec we ended up with 11 cars and paid out $30, $15 and $10 to the top three racers.. The track did over rule the 9 Pound minimum and I have adjusted the rules to state 8 pounds and 8 ounces at any time more in line with others open rules out there now.

Todd
RCRP

RCRacer
September 22nd, 2010, 6:01 PM
Racers,

The 8th scale rules for the series championships will be the same as they have been all year. Check the MDOR RULES.. The “Outlaw” class might not be ran at the Championship race unless I can get someone from the track to give me the OK..

The preliminary rules for the "outlaw" class had a weight limit such that an aftermarket chassis would have to add weight.

It ended up being 9 pounds but after review it is now in line with other 8th scale rules and is 8 pounds and 8 ounces, that’s 8.5 pounds or 8 and a half pounds.

There has been confusion as to the rules for the series class as well. The MDOR Series 1/8th scale Open Nitro Late Model class does allow for off set chassis but stock drive trains, no torsen, one ways or smart diffs. This is also in line with other rules packages. The major variable in the MDOR series rules is whether or not the track will allow foam tires, side damns or if there is an engine limit.

At this time I have yet to hear back from anyone at Leisure Hours. Seems people don't relay messages to the right people. I am relaying on other racers to explain to all of us what has been allowed in past races at this track.

Once I hear back I will post the information.

As things are now I can only state that the MDOR Series 1/8th scale Open Nitro Late Model class was approved, the Outlaw class is questionable. As to the allowable tires, or side dams or an engine limit, it is up to the track and unfortunately I can not find any rules listed on their web site nor has anyone from the track returned my emails or phone calls so I am as in the dark as you all are.

My apologies for not getting the information before now.

As with anything relating to the Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series go to www.rcrproducts.ciom/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.ciom/mdor.html) or call me (217) 304-6555 and if I am unavailable i will return your call as soon as I can.

Do not take the word of anyone but me regarding the rules for this Series...

RCRacer
September 22nd, 2010, 6:57 PM
Thanks to Greg Z I have a link..

http://www.leisurehours.com/flyers/flyer/2010dirtovalrules.pdf (http://www.leisurehours.com/flyers/flyer/2010dirtovalrules.pdf)

Also it has been mentioned that there are no side dams on 8th late models..

Stetler17
September 22nd, 2010, 7:34 PM
Todd,

So we should assume it will be their 1/8 tire/body rules with your drivetrain rules? No one-ways, torsens etc...? Or will we use their complete rules, which look like they copied the Monee rules.

Mark

RCRacer
September 22nd, 2010, 7:54 PM
Sorry for any confusion guys.

OK, the MDOR Series has a set of rules - MDOR RULES (http://www.dirtovalracing.com/dor_rules.html) which leave open to the track the type of tire (in this case the only allowable are the OFNA 86505 and 86052), engine limit (in this case it is a .28 or smaller) and side dam (in this case NOT ALLOWED) and otherwise are in line with most of the track rules for this type of car. No torsen, no smart diff, no one way, no off set arms, must have stock drive train, etc..

The following people, who are the only people that can compete for the Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series Champsionship are the only ones who need to even worry about the MDOR Rules:

John Richard
Brent Hamrs
Jesse Wolkenheim
Jay Beneventi
Brett Clayton

This is because they are the only ones who competed in a qualifier for the champsionship. They will get double points for the Champsionship Race and it will decide who will get the Championship Award. In this case it is a nice plaque and a customized mini helmet that Bell contributed and Fast Track customized.

They are going to be racing themselves for the points, no one else will count. If 42 drivers enter the 8th scale late model class during this race and there are only 3 MDOR Drivers then they will be scored on how they finish againt themselves, the fastest MDOR Driver might only start 4th in the C Main but he will get 500 MDOR Points for it. If he bumps and finishes 3rd in the B and finishes higher then all the other MDOR Drivers then he will get another 500 MDOR points.

BUT, I want everyone who has one of these cars and the weekend free to come and race. Traffic makes for more interesting racing..

Also everyone else wanting to race at Leisure Hours on October 2nd that has not attended an MDOR Series event as an MDOR Driver will only have to go by the rules of the track. No MDOR Series Rules, No special deals, you come, and pay the track and race for fun. The guys listed above are the only 8th scale late model drivers who have to worry about the MDOR Rules.

I am sure this is all clear as Mud but the whole point of the series was to increase car counts, give something back to the drivers who traveled as part of the series and help the sport grow..

SO, everyone come, only MDOR Drivers worry about my rules, everyone else worry about the tracks rules and lets race!!

Anyone need further explaination please let me know. rcrproducts@aol.com or PM here or (217) 304-6555.

Todd
RCRP

RCRacer
September 22nd, 2010, 8:05 PM
most everythign is covered on the series web site.. MDOR Series (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html)

and now here.. http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdorpoints.html

Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series Points

It will only take attending one regional race to qualify for the Championship Race but the more events you go to the better your chance at getting a better starting grid position for the Championship Race.

If you register with the series and then register for an event but for some reason can't make it to the event as long as the entry fee is paid to the series and to the event then the race will count. This is incase of unforeseen issues, cant make it, car broke down, had to work, whatever you will at least be qualified for the Championship Race.. It will just cost you.. Basically you will buy your way in. Keeps the tracks behind the series and the championship will be well funded.

Unlike other setups we want to award points for starting positions after qualifying (heats) for the regional events. At the regional events the first qualifying heat starting position will be luck of the draw with possible a lap and time reshuffle for qualifiers after that.
If time allows each of the regional races will have three rounds of qualifying but some programs will not be able to accomplish that.

After the heats starting points will be awarded as to how you start in the mains. Lets say you qualify fourth in the B. You would earn 445 points for your starting position. Then lets say you finish 2nd and qualify for a bump to the A (top two bump).
Bump starting and finishing positions do not get you any points. Say you run the A and finish 5th. That will earn you 480 Points. Your total for the event will then be 915 points. Top qualify and win the A would be 1000 points.

The points for the local events will add up as follows. If you attend 3 events and say you score 915, 845 and 860 for the three events. Then the average of those three scores would be 873.

Everyone’s average score will determine the starting grid for the first round of qualifying for the Championship race. With any ties broken by luck of the draw.
After the first round of heats in the Championship race there will be a shuffle. If possible there will be a shuffle every round.

Where possible we will have a dash for the top 6 qualifiers which will set their starting order in the A. Yes a true dash for cash.. BUT... your dash car must be your A-Main car period.. If you opt out of the dash you will not be punished you will just start farther back in the field.

This method of points takes out the TQ as being the only extra points for a race. This way if a guy qualifies well and then gets knocked out of his main he will average a higher point score. This rewards for good qualifying and not just good finishing.

RCRacer
September 22nd, 2010, 8:13 PM
If you are a MDOR Driver follow the MDOR Rules (http://www.dirtovalracing.com/dor_rules.html) and if it leaves something up to the track and it isn't addressed on this page http://www.leisurehours.com/flyers/flyer/2010dirtovalrules.pdf then assume there are no rules..

If your not an MDOR Driver then only follow the track rules.

In case your wondering if your an MDOR Driver, go to the MDOR Points Page (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdorpointstotals.html)
and see if you can find your name. If your not there and you have competed at one of the qualifer then you need to contact me (rcrproducts@aol.com).

RCRacer
September 22nd, 2010, 8:21 PM
Just to clarify one more time.

I want everyone to come and race.

This is not an invitational, its a series championship race and hopefully a much larger then normal show for Leisure Hours.

If you are an MDOR Driver your competeing for points and the Champsionship.

If your not an MDOR Driver then your just competing. Still fun, still trying to win, just not getting any points, no MDOR Champsionship, you just get the pleasure of having a blast playing with what others call toy cars..

RCRacer
September 22nd, 2010, 10:17 PM
OK we have more information.

Saturday racing will start at 11AM.

If those of you who might be coming in Saturday morning and will need more practice time let me know. If you know of someone who is driving in Saturday who might not get this information please forward it to them and respond for them.

I would rather get the days racing in early so people can go home Saturday earlier then keep people late and then have to stay another night out of town.. It gets expensive I know..

Also 8th Scalers:

Bazooka Bodies are allowed
No Side Dam
No Foams
No "Outlaw Challenge Class" sorry!!

Five (5) cars makes a class..

So far the Classes will be:::

MDOR 1/10th Limited Sprint
MDOR RULES plus..
Same rules as Leisure Hours 13.5 Sprint
Custom Works Street Trac Tires Only
Any production 13.5 motor
Any ESC
Any Battery
7x7 Wings allowed
No Front Wings

Leisure Hours 13.5 Sprint
Any ESC
Any Battery
7x7 Wings allowed
No Front Wings

MDOR 1/10th Limited Late Model
MDOR RULES plus..
Same rules as Leisure Hours 13.5 Late Model
Any ESC
Any Battery

Leisure Hours 13.5 Late Model
Any ESC
Any Battery

Leisure Hours 1/10th Nitro Late Model
Foams
No side dam

MDOR 1/10th Open Sprint
MDOR RULES plus..
Same rules as Leisure Hours Mod Sprint
Foams
Any production motor
Any ESC
Any Battery
7x7 Wings allowed
Front Wings allowed

Leisure Hours Mod Sprint
Foams
Any production motor
Any ESC
Any Battery
7x7 Wings allowed
Front Wings allowed

Leisure Hours Nitro Sprint
Foams
7x7 Wings allowed
Front Wings allowed

MDOR 1/8th Open Nitro Late Model
MDOR RULES plus..
Rubber Ofna Tires Only (86505, 86052)
Engine up to .28
Present Day Late Model Body (Bazzooka Legal)
No Side Dam
No one ways
No Torsen Diffs
No Smart Diffs
Stock Drive Train
Offset Chassis ok
Offset Arms not ok
and the rest of the Leisure Hours rules as described as 1/8th Open Late Model

Leisure Hours 1/8th Open Late Model
Rubber Ofna Tires Only (86505, 86052)
Engine up to .28
Present Day Late Model Body (Bazzooka Legal)
No Side Dam
and the rest of the Leisure Hours rules as described as 1/8th Open Late Model

As you would assume the "like" classes will run together.

This list may not be final, it could be changed depending on car counts per class. We need at least 5 cars, MDOR or Leisure Hours combined to make a class.

We may add something if there is enough interest.

backmarker
September 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Im not going to be running one of the Bazooka bodies but they are legal legal now? Just want to make sure because that body is baaaad fast.

RCRacer
September 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Yes the Bazooka Body has been allowed, at least for this event. Scott told me last night on the phone it is legal but as with all of the 8th scale bodies no side dam. He just mentioned that he did not want any "wedge" bodies. The bodies need to look like a full scale dirt car found on real tracks.

silver6sp7
September 23rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
Yea the bazooka is legal outside on the on road track! B.S.!!!!

RCRacer
September 23rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Yea the bazooka is legal outside on the on road track! B.S.!!!!

Exactly what is BS?

I spoke with Scott last night.

He told me that the Bazooka Body was legal.

We were talking about the upcoming MDOR Series Championship race which is held indoors..

Any questions?

Stetler17
September 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Really...Do you have any idea how it sounds when you say no wedge bodies and they have to appear like a modern day Late Model...and the Bazooka is legal. :D:D:D

I have no problem with them running the wedge bodies, probably won't buy one for this race only though...but at least call it what it is.

RCRacer
September 23rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Guys I do not want to get into the middle of a "pee pee" contest here.

I am promoting a race series here.

I was asked a simple question, "Is the Bazooka Body going to be legal at this race?"

I asked the track, "Is the Bazooka Body going to be legal for the MDOR Series Championship October 1st and 2nd?"

I was told "Yes!"

It was explained to me that the general consensus is that they don't want wedge type bodies, meaning slope nosed raised tail bodies.

I have no opinion about this so don't come at me about this issue..

I was merely answering a question asked by a racer about the series race..

If you all want to get into this Bazooka debate take it somewhere else, this thread is about the MDOR Series..

If your not coming to the race then don't pop off here..

smitty
September 23rd, 2010, 12:54 PM
Could there be a more hated item in 1/8 scale LM racing......

Cars that look like this were at the "Call of the Wild" at Kalamazoo Speedway last weekend.

backmarker
September 23rd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Chad yes they did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bz1Gc0VcW8

silver6sp7
September 23rd, 2010, 1:04 PM
(It was explained to me that the general consensus is that they don't want wedge type bodies, meaning slope nosed raised tail bodies.)

Not popping off, just what they said and what they are allowing..........?
What was explained to you and what appears in the pic, tell what i am missing

I am coming to the race and I love running at Joliet and I have to pee :)

Stetler17
September 23rd, 2010, 1:08 PM
Beautiful body Chad. Looks like a lot of fun.

Todd,
I won't "pop" off on your threads any more. You have a nice series and I will go elsewhere.

RCRacer
September 23rd, 2010, 1:22 PM
Guys I do not want in the middle of this debate. It seems sort of rediculous. Just because of this situation I think that over the winter I will dig out the old wind tunnel and see just how much aero advantage there is to this and other bodies. I will have to upgrade the electronics so that I can get better computer data but I want to know personally if what the big deal is.

I have now seen a photo of the body, I was told that there are only a couple dozen in existence, I am curious how many may even show up.

As for the body in regards to the MDOR Series race, I was asked a question, I passed it along to the track, they answered me and I returned the answer I was given. There are only 5 drivers who need to even worry about the MDOR Rules, the rest should only worry about Leisure Hours rules...

Mark as for the popping off, I repeated what I was told. I want no part of this debate, take it elsewhere. Keep this thread on point about the series. The body is legal, move on. If your going to race somewhere else next weekend because of whats on this thread its your choice, registration for the series points is closed, if your not in it now then you will have to wait until next year if I decide to go through all of this again.

As for anyone coming to the race to have fun, I am sure we will.

backmarker
September 23rd, 2010, 1:29 PM
i didnt mean to cause a problem. I was just trying to get any rule issues resolved now before the day of the race to prevent another ONS incident.There have been alot of questions about the rules for this race and I know this is an upstart series so not everything has been figured out yet and that there will be growing pains. To be honest it doesnt matter to me if anyone runs the bazooka because those that have them would beat me with or without it.

tyler
September 23rd, 2010, 1:45 PM
Could there be a more hated item in 1/8 scale LM racing......

Cars that look like this were at the "Call of the Wild" at Kalamazoo Speedway last weekend.

dont think they will be that good with out a sidedam but i could be wrong guess well see

777bates
September 23rd, 2010, 2:15 PM
wow

smitty
September 23rd, 2010, 2:28 PM
Lets run without bodies.....oh wait, then we'll hear his shock towers are more aerodynamic than mine:rolleyes:

races65
September 23rd, 2010, 2:48 PM
This thread is intended to be about the MDOR Series. Can we please keep it on topic.
Not sure what the MDOR is going to gain by everyone arguing over a body rule that the track (Leisure Hours) is dictating.
Let's just all go out and race and have a good time!!!!

backmarker
September 23rd, 2010, 3:25 PM
This thread is intended to be about the MDOR Series. Can we please keep it on topic.
Not sure what the MDOR is going to gain by everyone arguing over a body rule that the track (Leisure Hours) is dictating.
Let's just all go out and race and have a good time!!!!

Agreed!!

Mr.Wolfman
September 23rd, 2010, 5:43 PM
Well since the !/8 scale issue looks like its winding up. I have a concern with the 1/10 open sprint rules allowing :blackflag:FOAM:blackflag: tires,,,this series has been an outdoor :greenflag:RUBBER TIRE:greenflag: series and would love to see everyone adhere to the MDOR rules for open sprint. If a select few wish to run foam tires "and are not running for points" let them have there own class.

Wolfman

dirtsurfer5
September 23rd, 2010, 6:15 PM
Well since the !/8 scale issue looks like its winding up. I have a concern with the 1/10 open sprint rules allowing :blackflag:FOAM:blackflag: tires,,,this series has been an outdoor :greenflag:RUBBER TIRE:greenflag: series and would love to see everyone adhere to the MDOR rules for open sprint. If a select few wish to run foam tires "and are not running for points" let them have there own class.

Wolfman

Wasnt the tire rules up to the tracks?

RCRacer
September 23rd, 2010, 6:50 PM
Here goes..

Ok, final ruling on the Bazooka Body.

Via email from Scott,

"Todd*I made a mistake on the bazooka body that type of wedge body is not allowed ,bodies like the C&M with the windows cut out are legal. Sorry for the confusion. Scott"

Now to address the tire issue.

Yes the rules state that tires are up to the track. This was to allow the races to taylor to whatever would work, for instance foams won't really work on a loose dirt track, etc. That being said I believe that in the spirit of the series the Open Sprint Drivers should sound off. I only want to hear from the Open Sprint Driver who are in the MDOR Series and who are going to attend the race. That means if your not in the series and or not coming to the racew then keep your opinion to yourself. If I have to call everyone I will but to me the point is that every race so far has been outside and on rubber and to me the championship should also be ran on rubber. I don't want to change the rules but rather with agreement alter the situation.

Ok so only MDOR Drivers in the points race for Open Sprint sound off. The reset of ya keep your opinion to yourselves. Sorry for all of this confusion but if this were all simple everyone would do it.

smitty
September 23rd, 2010, 7:26 PM
A collective sigh of relief is heard around the world......

Mr.Wolfman
September 23rd, 2010, 8:39 PM
I "state your name" Wolfman do hereby an give my endorsement for the running of RUBBER tires only in the OPEN SPRINT class at the MDOR finals.

Rob " Wolfman" Mulvaney

thank you for your time.

panelbeater
September 23rd, 2010, 11:26 PM
Maybe I'm interperting the points and champ wrong but it looks like if the point leaders in 4 of the classes show up the championshipis already decided. I would rather see 6 or 7 cars slug it out for the championship.

AscotConversion
September 24th, 2010, 2:28 AM
The track is only an oval temporarily. That being said, most of the times I have been there, JConcept Gold Bar Codes were faster than foams and street tracs. Silicones were faster than Bar Codes, but that shouldn't even be under consideration.

Losi pink tapers also work on this track in offroad (like bar codes). Buggy tires are fine, and as I said before, probably better than foams.

jenzorace
September 24th, 2010, 8:48 AM
Most of us at LH have run foam all last year. Im voting for foams,in mod sprint. And 7x7 wings.

rcavenger
September 24th, 2010, 1:58 PM
Jenzo,

Did you run an outlaw or gbx2?

jenzorace
September 24th, 2010, 3:53 PM
GBX2 Thats what im running inside.

RCRacer
September 24th, 2010, 5:12 PM
Well guys here is what I see. If we look at the LH track rules they say DODC rules and Foams are ok for Open Sprint. With the way I understand DODC your only allowed a 6x6 wing on foams. So by default the rules aren’t being enforced if you are allowed to run 7x7 with foams.

In the interest of fairness I have asked for input so that no one can complain that I didn’t listen to the drivers. I will make this real easy,

ALL MDOR CLASSES ARE RUBBER TIRES ONLY!!!

Problem solved and if that means someone doesn't come to the race, well sorry. I am not going around and around again like the dang Bazooka Body deal.

As for the points and the championships.

The reason the points are almost blown out in 4 classes and that there isn’t a 6 or 7 way battle is because folks did not attend more qualifiers to accumulate points. Everyone had a chance to get more points. Attending two qualifiers gave you a shot, three an even better shot. No one attended all 5 of the qualifiers and honestly I would have been shocked if someone had.

I considered adding a twist to level things going into the Championship race and take only a drivers top two points races to figure the finals but then the point of my series was to reward those who traveled. I completely understand how much it costs to travel to the various races, I have been at every one so don’t come at me about costs..

And just as a foot note to this whole series.

I understand a racer wanting to know the rules and wanting to follow them and I commend those who have came forward with excellent questions, concerns and feedback. I have listened to many issues and have tried to make the series easy to run and fun.

BUT… it seems that some drivers complain or nit pick about the stupidest things. Nothing new, been around racing for a long time and have seen it in every form I have been in.. But instead of spending that energy trying to improve the sport or their driving ability people complain or whatever. Over it..

The reason the same people win all the time is because they are just better at some things then others.

That means paying attention to the track, the car, the other drivers, etc. It doesn’t mean they cheat.. Finding the right setup is hard and most of all learning how to drive and be patient when driving is about the best advice I can give any racer.

If you don’t tear your car down after every race and you win a lot your dang lucky..

Waste energy on arguing about the rules or whatever you want, I am putting my energy (and money) into things to make this sport better for others not worse..

If anyone has a complaint about the series please bring it to my attention, I will consider any valid input for next year if I decide to bother with all of this again.

Other wise see you at the track..

Best of luck!

Todd
RCRP

Team GFRP
September 24th, 2010, 5:34 PM
hmm... I must have missed something...:confused:

Team HHS
September 24th, 2010, 7:18 PM
hmm... I must have missed something...:confused:

he must be related to victor......

dirtsurfer5
September 24th, 2010, 7:55 PM
kville lm nats or Tea's test and tune for me, I am out.

panelbeater
September 24th, 2010, 8:42 PM
I don't know why it is such a crime to try and find out what the tire and batt rule is, don't want to drive 6 hrs to find out I brought the wrong stuff. As far as the points nevermind. Maybe I'll see you at Knoxville Matt.

backmarker
September 24th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Guys I would not pass up on this race. Leisure Hours is a top notch racing facility that runs a very quick and efficient show. They have a large pit area with many tables, chairs and electrical hook ups so you will not need to bring your own. The track is big and fast and always provides us with some great racing. For the long distance travelers the track is located near Chicago land Speedway so there are many many local hotels to choose from.

I hope to see you all at the track.

RCRacer
September 25th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I understand if racers are upset, I have received many PM's, emails, text's and calls about all of this. I didn’t set out to purposely disrupt the situation with all of the last minute, “oh by the way” rules particulars..

Plain and simple, I want the racers to have fun, be competitive and the tracks to feel like I brought them a good turnout. If that doesn't happen due to the petty bickering and drama that exists then so be it.

The Championship race at Leisure Hours should be a blast and I am and will do whatever I can to make it turn out that way.

As with anything there have and will be growing pains. Going forward I would hope that everyone who can make it will be able to safely make it to the track and then back home. I thank everyone who has supported the series up to now. For those who I will see next weekend, bring your A Main skills as the racing should be good even if the points championships are sewn up.

Thanks to everyone for all of the comments, good, bad or indifferent I will listen to what anyone with a valid point has to say. I am about making this sport better for you the racer..

Todd
RCRP

Craig14
September 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hey Steve - don't give up now. There are only a few of us Iowa boys in the points series. We can show everyone that we can do more than just "grow corn". :thumbsup:

Hope to hear from you and see you at the Championship race next weekend.

Stetler17
September 25th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Brian Jucha
September 27th, 2010, 1:22 PM
Roll Call.. Who"s coming for open sprint?

rcavenger
September 28th, 2010, 9:21 AM
Any recommendations on nearby motels?

races65
September 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
You won't have trouble finding a hotel. Look around I 80 and Larkin ave
I think there is a nice Holiday Inn there.

races65
September 30th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Practice at Leisure Hours tonight went real well. Track will be hooked up and fast on Saturday. Come on out and raceeeeeeeeee!!!!

rced
October 1st, 2010, 9:49 PM
Look out. See ya in the morning!! :ha:

RCRacer
October 3rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Thank you for your support!!!!

The Championships were great!

All of us at RCRP would like to thank:

the racers who attended the series races,
the tracks for hosting the events,
the sponsors for chipping in the swag and such,
and a special thank you to all the help from our family, advisors, marketing company, apparel and awards company.

A special thanks to Tekin for supporting this endeavor the most.

The photos will be up soon!!

Everything is recapped at www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html (http://www.rcrproducts.com/mdor.html)

Todd
RCRP