header
Home Forums Rules Advertising Links e-mail

Go Back   DirtOval.com Forums > Miscellaneous Forums > Off Topic
Register iTrader FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #1
-==MMackey27==-

Default diRtFactor mod for rFactor (game) out at diRtFactor.net

I thought I'd drop in to let everyone know that the *FREE* public demo for the diRtFactor
dirt late model portion of the game mod is up for download at http://www.diRtFactor.net. The game requires that you have a full, licensed, and unlocked version of the rFactor game available for Windows PC's at http://www.rfactor.net and made by Image Space Inc.

The fully licensed game costs around $40 but can use any of the huge myriad of gaming mods available from rFactorCentral.com and even The Pits quite awesome TPSCC Stock Car Mod (think NASCAR) which comes from a very well respected mod group that has personal ties to Dale Jr. (i.e. Brian Ring, where the infamous "Go BR" quote came from at Talladega in the Busch series between him and Truex Jr.). I'd also personally recommend the ORR/CORR Off-road racing mods personally, as well as F179, the Aussie V8 Supercars, and the forthcoming Gasoline Alley mod looks quite impressive as well.

The full release portion of the Late models for diRtFactor will be coming in the next month or two (still *FREE*) and will include cockpit improvements including 3D modeled gauges and a digital tach, and rules packages for many of the various crate and spec motor sanctions as well as the various super late model tours using open rules packages.

There's an interim set of paint templates up in downloads along with a handful of early release tracks. There are more tracks to be had from other developers and will be a lot more coming from us soon. We expect many of the other mod developers to enhance their tracks to work better with our mod going forward, even if many of them work quite well online right now. We plan on having a much more enhanced set of skin templates available in the coming weeks for all 3 diRtFactor late models (CS, WS, and SS bodied models) for Photoshop CS+, with the eventual hopes to have the templates Photoshop 7 and PSP 7+ compatible as well. All rendering, at this time, is relegated to in-game but we're researching options for doing quick renders similar to the old Car Viewers but without having to give out properties to be used in nefarious ways.

Following the completion of the 1.0 release of the LM's our focus will shift to adding other classes. We're currently researching what it's going to take to get SOLO's DIRT mods into game as well as TSutton3g's econo mods (i.e. IMCA, UMP, WISSOTA, NCRA, NARA BoB, USRA/USMTS, DTRA, NASCAR WRS, et al.) as well. There's also eventual plans for sprint cars, midgets, and Silver Crown cars along the way as time permits.

Feel free to download and check it out. From one dirt oval fan to another... enjoy!